Every year I write a blog post going over my album choice for my out of town clients who cannot make it into the studio to look and feel my wedding albums in person. So this is the post for my 2010 Wedding Album FAQ.
For 2010, I will be offering 2 different types of Wedding Albums and an Engagement Guest Signing Album. Each album offers different covers, features, page styles, and price points.
Click on “More…” to the right to view the full post with all the detailed pictures and descriptions. Thanks! Steve Z . . . . .
- I offer two styles of Wedding Albums, the Fine Art Album and the Coffee Table Album.
The Fine Art Album
- This is my premium album, and offers the highest quality binding, printing, and cover materials. The choice of customization of this album is nearly limitless!
- This first sample is showing the Ice Image Cover. A metallic fine art print image is mounted underneath a beveled acrylic cover.
- The spine and back of the album are constructed using one of 50 choices of leather.
- All of my albums feature hinged binding. This means that the pages lay flat when the album is open, as opposed to a book or magazine bind that do not.
- The Fine Art Album is a Flush Mount design. The entire 2 page spread is one printed layout. This is different than the traditional matted style of album. This album is modern, slick, and impressive. The design allows for full panoramic spreads and creative storybook layouts featuring multiple images per page.
- The pages of the Fine Art Album are thick and stiff, and have the heavier feel of a traditional wedding album. The prints have a laminated, glossy finish.
- As you can see, the images can extend to the full edges of the page, and multiple images can be arranged on a spread. 1 spread = 2 facing pages.
Fine Art Album Cover Options
- As I mentioned above, there are a wide range of cover choices, including somewhere around 50 leather options. In addition to genuine leather, there are around 40 animal-friendly simulated leather options.
- In addition to leather, you can choose from roughly 20 different silks, photo printed canvas, printed metal, or the Ice Image cover shown above. Below is an example of a metallic cover.
- Another really cool option, is the 2 tone leather cover shown below. There are many different ways to position the stripe, or have the two tone cover the binding instead of a stripe.
- Below is a sample of a two tone leather, with 3 image cutouts, and text imprinting. I chose a radical leather combination to illustrate the possibilities, but know that simple designs are available, including tried and true black leather!
- Image cutouts are available as a series as shown here, or as 1 larger image in the center of the album.
- Name imprinting is available in many different colors, including clear as shown below.
The Coffee Table Album
- The Coffee Table Album is a hip and modern album at a lower price point than the Fine Art Album. The cover is available in 6 leather options, or with a full image wrap cover. The image cover can be multiple images, or as a full image spanning both the front and back covers as shown below.
- The Coffee Table Album is thin and elegant. It is also a great option for parent albums. The coffee table book is available in many sizes, right down to the 4×4″ Mini.
- The Coffee Table Album also features high quality binding and perfect lay-flat panoramic spreads.
- The Coffee Table Album has ultra thin flexible pages printed on archival Matte Fine Art Paper. Thus the book has a more casual feel than the thick and stiff pages of the Fine Art Album.
The Guest Signing Album
- On the outside, the Guest Album is similar in appearance to the Coffee Table Album with its photo wrap cover.
- On the inside however, the Guest Signing Album uses a low-cost binding solution. The pages still lie flat, but there is a significant gap in the center of the spreads. Each page is held by a bonded plastic holder, that is bound into the spine. I offer this option only for the this album as a reduced cost option. For a fully archival Guest Album, choose the Deluxe signing album that is made using a Coffee Table Album.
- The Guest Signing album is a great way to show off your engagement photos on your wedding day! The album is designed with ample white space so that your guests can sign their names and any notes that they would like to write. Guests RAVE about it!